How to Get a Replacement MOT Certificate

You can get a replacement MOT certificate from any MOT test centre if you have lost or damaged the original.

How to replace your certificate

1- Contact an MOT centre – it doesn’t have to be the one that did the MOT.
2- Give them the vehicle registration (number plate) and log book (V5C) reference number.

The MOT centre can then give you a replacement certificate.

How much will it cost?

The MOT centre can charge you £10 or half the full MOT test fee – whichever is the lower amount.